Potential Future Panthers:
REGISTRATION PACKETS FOR NEW STUDENTS
If you are enrolling a new student for 2022-23 school year and need to submit/request documentation and schedule an enrollment appointment, please contact Elizabeth.Arellano@hcps.net or 813-272-3033 extension 225. Appointments will be made once all required documentation is received by Mrs. Arellano. Parents may drop off completed packet with documentation in person or scanned and sent via email to Elizabeth.Arellano@hcps.net
Community Service Hours:
Hours must be entered through PROFFERFISH. Paper community service logs are no longer accepted.
Quick guide/help for entering community service hours:
Profferfish Quick Start Guide
Extra Help Guide
*Counselors approve hours routinely throughout the school year.
Virtual Course Registration
Enroll for FLVS.net now! Login, create an account and request a class at FLVS.net If you have any trouble during registration, their number is 800-374-1430
Step by step how to at tinyurl.com/onlineplant
Be advised that the request for online course will come to the Counselor for verification automatically through the flvs system and that Counselor will be routinely verifying courses as they come in
Class of 2023 College Applications:
There will be a Senior Meeting outlining the college application process on August 23rd. More information posted here:
SENIOR 2022 COLLEGE INFORMATION PAGE
Please use Naviance to request all school related documents for your college applications.
For all the most recent news around PHS, Subscribe to Panther Press at http://plantptsa.com/panther-press
Unofficial copies of student schedules will be mailed by US Mail to home addresses by 8/1
OPEN HOUSE- AUGUST 8TH AT 5 PM
10TH-12TH Graders report to homeroom, 9th Graders & New Students report to the gym
We are continuing to balance classes to achieve lowest numbers in each classroom, therefore schedules are not final until the first day of school. You will receive a new copy of your schedule at Open House on August 8th and again in homeroom on the first day of school, you may see changes to your schedule that you did not request due to our continued balancing efforts. The schedule change error request link (organized by counselor, based on your last name) is the ONLY method we are using to handle schedule error corrections. Please do not send emails or phone calls to make corrections, they are not able to be viewed due to time constraints.
· Advanced Honors is only available in English 1 & 2. The course code for Advanced honors will end in a 07
· Students may see a “NC STUDY HALL” in a period within their schedule; these are placeholders for a dual enrollment course. If you are NOT taking a dual enrollment course, and “NC STUDY HALL” is on your schedule, you need to fill out the schedule error correction link and select a PHS on campus elective. Fall dual enrollment paperwork was due May 20th 2022
· Students may see “CREDIT RECOVERY” in a period within their schedule; these are EdGenuity computer-based course recovery classes. The teacher of the course will have a list of courses each student will be retaking.
· A “RESEARCH” is a study period that is reserved for students taking 3 or more AP courses. Students receive elective credit for this class
· Students may see 1-2 “COOP DIV ED-OJT” periods; This is the OJT Program and requires a current job (earning a W-2). Direct questions to OJT teacher
· Seniors may have their required economics credit in the second semester of their schedule. They will each have an individual sit down with counselor for senior check in first semester of senior year to assess this
The following schedule change ERRORS are the only requests we can accommodate: Complete the counselor link located on backside of this paper if you see an error in your schedule. Class choices available at tinyrul.com/phsguide
Acceptable reasons to request a schedule change:
-If you have already taken the listed course and passed it.
-If you are a senior and you need this course to meet graduation requirements.
-The course is the wrong level (NOTE: core course recommendations come directly from previous core teacher, if you do not have the recommendation for the course, your change will not be made)
-If you are missing a class period (there should be 8 periods, including lunch) or if you have 2 classes in the same period.
-If you are taking a course through HVS/FLVS or HCC Dual Enrollment and it is listed as a normal "classroom-based course" (must be registered for the course on FLVS and/or Dual Enrollment & have “non-traditional schedule agreement” on file in guidance by 4/29/2022)
-If academic adjustment is necessary based on 2021-22 second semester performance
Closed Classes: - if you have an error as outlined above and need to make an alternate course selection, you will need to review this list and not pick a course from this list as they are at capacity
2D Studio Art- all levels AP Psychology
3D Studio Art AVID 2
AP Art History OJT (Coop Div- On the Job Training)
AP Biology Psych 1
AP Chemistry Research
AP Computer Science- A & Principles Spanish 1
Please note we are ONLY using the electronic form link to review schedule errors. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY SENT AN EMAIL OR CALLED BEFORE THIS INFORMATION RELEASED, YOU STILL NEED TO COMPLETE THIS FORM FROM THE LINK.
· Jamie Wolford: Students Last Name A-CI:
· Lisa Poirier: Students Last Name Cm-Goo: https://tinyurl.com/poirier2022
· Athena Dicus: Students Last Name Gop-Le: https://tinyurl.com/dicus2022
· William Sullivan: Students Last Name Lea-OJ: https://tinyurl.com/sullivan2022
· Allison Castellano: Students Last Name Ok-Sk: https://tinyurl.com/castellano2022
· Randi Litwak: Students Last Name Sl-Z:
Schedule change links will
open 8/1/22 &
close at 3 pm on 8/12/22